Reporting to: SVP, Head of Department
Who we are:
Alentis Therapeutics is developing breakthrough treatments for fibrotic and rare diseases and associated cancers. The company’s lead candidates are monoclonal antibodies that are highly selective for exposed and non-junctional Claudin-1 (CLDN1). Non-junctional CLDN1 is a previously unexploited target with a unique mechanism of action that plays a key role in the pathology of kidney, lung and liver fibrosis, as well as solid tumors.
Alentis` lead therapeutic program, ALE.F02, has finished recruitment into a Ph1a study in healthy volunteers and is currently being developed for the treatment of advanced fibrotic diseases. ALE.C04 will enter clinical studies in oncology in 2023.
For our fast-growing team, we are looking for a Principal Scientist (100%) reporting to the SVP, Head of Department.
The Principal Scientist drives a drug discovery team working on biomarkers discovery, mechanism of action studies and platform generation. The nature of the work is explorative and innovative, and you will closely collaborate with a large variety of external and internal stakeholders.
- Lead a team of cell biologists responsible for discovering clinical biomarkers, exploring oncology/fibrosis mechanism of actions and progressing projects from concept to clinical testing.
- Lead and liaise with multi-disciplinary activities (Bioinformatics, Pharmacology, ADME/PK/Tox…) to drive drug discovery projects forward.
- Set-up team strategy and guide experimental roadmap to support quick Go/No Go decisions in drug discovery projects.
- Generate robust data package to support the entry of new company’s drug assets in discovery portfolio.
- Identify, develop, and implement cellular assay cascades to support the initiation and advancement of projects.
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership to the team.
- Foster innovation in the team and contribute to new targets and approaches.
- Present to Senior Leadership Meetings.
- Engage key opinion leaders and set-up external collaborations with academic institutions and external CROs.
- Supervise and develop the activities of the team: prioritize work and optimize resources to ensure efficient and high-quality execution of the Therapeutic Area goals.
- Ensure a high-level scientific standard is maintained on all projects.
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders.
- Ph.D. in Natural Science
- At least 8 years Industrial experience in biotech/pharma or CRO in drug development
- Minimum 5 years of drug discovery experience in Fibrosis and/or Oncology
- Track record of leading Large Molecules projects towards clinical candidate nomination
- Previous management experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Strong understanding of fibrosis and/or cancer biology and drug discovery landscape
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple drug discovery projects and external collaborations
- Independent scientist with the ability to adapt and prioritize activities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas
- Passionate about bringing new transformative medicines to fibrosis and cancer patients
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, able to work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment
- Proven ability to design and execute science-driven, outcome-focused experimental protocols
- Ability to write reports and accurate records of scientific data
- High level conceptual and critical scientific thinking, which is used to solve complex issues and their implications in the drug development process
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn and carry out new and complex tasks
- Self-motivation and able to work independently in a fast-pace, small company environment
Work location: Alentis Headquarters, Allschwil, Switzerland
Work permit: Valid work permit for CH or EU nationality
We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for career growth and development. If you are a highly motivated and skilled scientist looking to join a dynamic and innovative team, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org