Version number: 1.0
Alentis Therapeutics is happy to explain what we do with personal data, you can read in the privacy statement below. If you have any questions, you can always contact us via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alentis Therapeutics AG is located at Swiss Innovation Park, Hegenheimermattweg 167A, 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland.
2. What is personal data and what is meant by processing personal data?
Personal data is all information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Any data that allows a person to be identified directly or indirectly is personal data. This may include, for example, your name, contact details and any other data that is or may be linked to you, including, for example, e-mail address, location data, login codes, health data, bank details, etc.
3. How does Alentis Therapeutics collect personal data?
When you visit our website or social media, request information, contact us by telephone or e-mail, apply with us, participate in a clinical trial or request another service, we will record personal data about you. We are careful with the processing and security of your personal data. We comply with the laws and regulations in the field of the protection of personal data, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this privacy statement you can read how we handle your personal data.
4. What personal data can we collect from you?
The following categories of personal data may be collected by Alentis Therapeutics:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address;
- Financial information, such as your bank account number or billing address;
- Online identifiers, such as your IP address;
- Recruitment information, such as a CV, employment history and motivational letter;
- Pseudonymized health data, genetic data and data on your ethnicity if you participate in a clinical trial;
- Any other information that your voluntarily provide to us.
5. Why do we use your personal data?
Alentis Therapeutics processes your personal data for various purposes. We only process the necessary personal data. We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To recruit personnel;
- To be able to contact you;
- To send you our newsletter;
- To analyze the use of our website and social media;
- To enter into and execute agreements;
- To make offers;
- To handle questions and complaints;
- To conduct clinical research studies, in which case we will provide you with more detailed information on the use of your personal data through an informed consent form.
6. Why are we allowed to process your personal data?
Alentis Therapeutics may only process personal data if it has a legal basis to do so. Alentis Therapeutics uses the following legal grounds for the processing of personal data:
- After obtaining consent from the person from whom we process personal data;
- In the context of the conclusion and/or execution of an agreement;
- To comply with the law (including accounting processing, tax obligations and obligations under court orders or other mandatory laws and regulations);
- In connection with Alentis Therapeutics’ legitimate interests, with Alentis Therapeutics ensuring that the impact on your privacy is as limited as possible.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
Alentis Therapeutics does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed, and in any case for as long as specific regulations require. For clinical trials, we use a 25-year retention term for clinical trial data in line with the Clinical Trial Regulation. For employment data, we use a 10-year retention term after your employment with Alentis has ended.
8. To whom do we provide your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the following categories of data recipients on different grounds, where appropriate and in accordance with laws and regulations:
- When required by law and regulation: tax, audit or other authorities;
- Alentis Therapeutics may exchange your (personal) data between the various employees within the organization, as far as this is necessary in view of the purpose of the data processing.
- Third parties such as (social media) service providers who perform functions on our behalf;
- Third parties such as outsourced IT providers with whom we have concluded a data processing agreement
- In case you participate in a clinical trial, with third parties mentioned in the Informed Consent Form that you signed, such as the Contract Research Organization (CRO) or medical institutions.
9. Cross-border disclosure of personal data
Personal data that we collect from you may be processed in Switzerland, which is recognized by the European Commission as having adequate protection for personal data. If we transfer your personal data from within Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA) to other jurisdictions that do not provide an adequate level of protection, we will only do so by taking appropriate safeguards recognized by the European Commission, such as the conclusion of standard contractual clauses.
Alentis Therapeutics has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications that data may have been breached, please contact us via the email address listed at the end of this privacy statement.
11. What are your privacy rights?
You have, under certain conditions, the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- To have access to information about what personal data we process about you;
- To have your personal data erased;
- To have your personal data transferred to another organization;
- To have inaccurate personal data corrected;
- To restrict the processing of your personal data (i.e., data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased);
- To object to the processing of your personal data;
- To withdraw your consent, where the processing is based on your consent.
You can exercise your rights by informing us via the e-mail address stated below in section 12. Please note that the obligations of clinical trial legislation may impede the exercise of certain rights, for example, in order to maintain the integrity of clinical trial data.
In order to be able to handle your request, we may ask for additional information in order to verify your identity. You will normally receive a reply within 30 days. If the procedure takes longer, it can be extended once to 60 days. You will then receive a message within 30 days.
If you have a question or complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer. This can be done via the following email address: email@example.com
Are you not satisfied with the handling of your complaint? Then you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. Therefore, please check the Privacy Statement regularly for the latest version.
This privacy statement was last amended on 14 September 2022.